Where do I find information on weekly rides?
Check the Upcoming rides page on the website at TE Upcoming Rides page
Ride Safety Requirements:
- Every rider must wear a properly fitting helmet.
- Your bike must be in a safe, working condition.
- You must carry water bottles that fit properly in the cages on your bike.
- Have a rear light on your bike and a front light is also recommended
- You must be a member or if riding as a one-time guest, sign the Waiver before the ride.
- NO phone use while riding and NO earbuds or music – safety requires your full attention.
- NO aero bar use while riding with/in a group.
- Ride consistently, predictably, and with regard to your and other riders safety including calling out hazards and conditions on the road so others in the group are aware.
- Understand and follow all the rules of the road at all times.
- Arrive early to give you time to set up, meet riders, and understand who will be leading.
- Pick a group to ride with that is appropriate for your skill and fitness. If you are new to riding, ride in a slower group than you think you might be capable of to start. You should be able to maintain the pace requirements for the ride you pick. If in doubt, speak with someone prior to the start.
- The Ride Leader(s) is/are the authority on all rides. Riding unsafe or not following their directions will result in a rider being asked to leave the ride.
- E-bikes: see E-bike requirements, restrictions and guidance document.
Ride Pace Groups (pace ranges are flat terrain; average paces within or near listed range; may vary with grade, wind, etc.; Rides are “no drop” except A and A+ as noted; other rules apply to E-bikes as noted below)
|Advanced handling and paceline skills. High pace riding but not racing. Expected to pull for periods throughout the ride. Group is not required to wait for slower riders.
|Advanced handling, paceline skills. Regroup periodically. Be able to pull for periods. Group is not required to wait for slower riders.
|Advanced handling and group riding skills. Regroup periodically. Be able to pull for periods.
|Experienced riders, above average skills. Regroup periodically. Be able to pull for periods.
|Average group riding skills. Regroup periodically. Not req. to pull.
|Beginner to average skills. Regroup periodically. Not req. to pull.